Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WHAT I GOT AT THE AUCTION...








 This is my latest haul. Just in time for the holidays ! Tons of vintage jewelry and a rather substantial Salt and Pepper Shaker collection. I love selling big collections as it really signifies the meat and potatoes of Ebay. Being an Ebayer for some 12 years now I have grown along with them. It sure has changed but the real core of the business is collectibles.
   Taking a life's work of collecting and allowing the pieces to breathe new life into someone Else's collection has a great feeling. I know that sounds strange but I know it makes people happy. We all have those things that are special to us. Make us feel good.
   Personally I love working with the jewelry. I don't wear it but I love to look at it. Take pictures of it and sell it. I couldn't ask for a better occupation. No its not glamorous and it certainly isn't popular, try telling someone you sell crap on on Ebay , then watch their face. But I do love it.
   I have recently listed 200+ pieces of jewelry with more to come. You are welcome to check out the store Dageland_Curios. woohoo I can still link!! Click on the blue letters to go there!!!
  This however is my pride and joy. As some of you know I have letters from many WWII soldiers. I will eventually be writing a book using characters drawn from these letters. This find was fantastic!!! 3 years of letters from 1943 to 1945. Plus photo album to boot.

   Yup 1943 from "Somewhere in Italy". All week long this box has taunted me, quietly called my name..Lisa come read us...... I think they need to go in the closet in the house. I know once I crack those letters I'm lost. Facebook has nothing on wartime love letters.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for stopping by Happy Girl Collectibles! The WWII letters must be very fascinating!

    ReplyDelete